HP3 is a community public-private partnership focused on one goal: every Haverhill public school student achieves a true living wage job – a job where they can have a nice place to live, have transportation, and raise a family if they desire.
Here are the activities we do to help students succeed:
- Formally brief students and parents on how to begin to identify a student’s talents and interests, how to identify possible career fields of interest, and how to develop a career plan that leads to a successful career.
- Provide mentors to assist students and graduates who would benefit from external support.
- Provide a website that provides tools on how to identify desirable career fields, how to develop a career plan, and how to find specific living wage jobs in the Greater Haverhill area.
- Assist with transportation to ensure the student or recent graduate can get to the training site or workplace.
- Annually assess progress, identify other obstacles to each student achieving a living wage job, and develop a collective community effort to eliminate those obstacles.