Greater Haverhill Chamber Receives Mini Grant Award From North of Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau
Salisbury, MA –The North of Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau (NBCVB) announced the local organizations that will be receiving almost $48,000 in mini grant funding as part of its mission to encourage the 34 cities and towns of Essex County as a tourism destination. Members, local chambers of commerce, and destination marketing organizations gathered with local officials Wednesday, Sept. 20 at the Maria Miles Visitor Center located on I-95 South (exit 90) to honor the tourism and hospitality industries that drive the local economy.
“Our legislators understand how vital tourism efforts are to the local economy, so they allot funds to the North of Boston CVB, which we are happy to share with innovative projects that draw more visitors to the region,” said Nancy Gardella, Executive Director. “We support their smart marketing ideas, and we recognize their ongoing efforts to keep our destination top of mind with the nation and the world.”
The NBCVB is providing a portion of its funding from the Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism as mini-grants to our member partners to further their marketing efforts. Congratulations to the Fiscal Year 2023 Fall Tourism Marketing Grant recipients:
- Cider Hill Farm, in partnership with the Amesbury Chamber of Commerce Brand Awareness: Marketing for Fall
- City of Amesbury, in partnership with the Amesbury Cultural Council City-wide Artists Studio Walking Tour November
- Destination Salem 2023 Haunted Happenings Guide
- Discover Gloucester Gloucester Seaport Trail
- Essex National Heritage Commission Photo Library of Essex National Heritage area
- Greater Haverhill Chamber of Commerce 2024 Visitor Guide
- Greater Merrimack Valley Chamber of Commerce 2024 Business, Consumer and Visitor Guide
- Greater Newburyport Chamber of Commerce Fall and Winter Marketing Initiatives
- Marblehead Chamber of Commerce 2023 Visitor Guide and Map Reprint
- Marblehead Museum and Historical Society Museum Promotional Video
- Montserrat College of Art Relaunch of the Montserrat Galleries Campaign
- North Shore Music Theater, in partnership with the Beverly Chamber of Commerce Fall Promotional Brochure
- Real Pirates Salem Real Discover: The Wreck of the Whydah Website
- Wolfe Adventures and Tours, in partnership with Historic New England for a new tour entitled History in the Making: Unveiling Essex County
The grant awards were presented at the Maria Miles Visitor Center, which is a critical part of the traveler support network across the Commonwealth. This year, more than a quarter of a million people have come through the doors. The dedicated staff provides comfort, directions, materials and referrals to thousands of area businesses, attractions and events throughout Essex County and Massachusetts.
About the North of Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau
The North of Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau is a private, non-profit membership-based organization that promotes the 34 cities and towns of Essex County as a travel destination for leisure, groups, meetings, and special events domestically and internationally. Our mission is to increase the number of visitors and length of stay in our region; expand product to meet traditional & new market segments; serve as a central source of information for visitors; and foster economic development through public and private partnerships. For more information about our members and our services, please visit www.northofboston.org.